If you or a family member was injured in a car accident involving a taxi in San Antonio, TX, our team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers is here to help. You may be entitled to significant compensation. An experienced San Antonio taxi accident lawyer can help you fight to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Unfortunately, most accident victims do have to fight for a compensation award that’s fair. Our lawyers have over 110 years of combined experience helping injured clients in their fight for compensation. We’ve successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our efforts.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help if You Were Injured in a Taxi Accident in San Antonio
Like Uber and Lyft, taxis offer a convenient way to get around town. However, taxis are just as likely to be involved in accidents as any personal vehicle. In fact, we’ve probably all seen aggressive cab drivers speeding through town.
Taxi crash cases involve complex legal issues that don’t typically arise when motor vehicle accidents involve only personal vehicles. It’s important to have an experienced personal injury lawyer in your corner to handle these challenging issues.
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience handling cases like yours. In 2021, we were recognized for recovering the top motor vehicle accident settlement in the state of Texas. We’ve also been listed among Texas’ Super Lawyers year after year.
You can count on our team to:
- Independently investigate to determine the cause of your accident
- Work with industry experts as we analyze evidence and assess your case value
- Defend you against “victim blaming” insurance strategies
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and responsible parties for a fair settlement
- Argue your case before a judge and jury if necessary
Our San Antonio personal injury attorneys can make the legal process easier to handle. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help.
What Is My San Antonio Taxi Accident Case Worth?
Each and every personal injury case is different. While we can compare your case to similar cases, our San Antonio car accident attorney calculate the value of each case independently. That’s the only way to make sure your settlement or verdict accounts for your specific losses.
The most common variables that can impact the value of your personal injury claim include:
- The nature of your injuries
- Whether your doctor expects you to make a full recovery or suffer a permanent disability
- The cost of your medical treatment
- The circumstances of the accident and the nature of the defendant’s acts
- How the injury impacts your current and future earnings
- Your personal suffering, considering both physical and mental trauma
We highly recommend having an attorney review your case before you agree to an insurance settlement. Initial settlement offers aren’t always fair. Negotiating for a fair settlement on your own can be both difficult and intimidating. Insurance adjusters know that and often use it to their advantage.
To learn more about the value of your specific case, call our accident attorneys in San Antonio to schedule your free case evaluation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Injured Taxi Accident Victims in Texas?
Examples of the types of damages that taxi crash victims often suffer include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- In-home assistance
- Property damage to your vehicle or belongings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, including anxiety and depression
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Accident victims can seek compensation for both past and future costs. That means you’ll have to estimate the potential future expenses that you could incur due to the injury. You’ll also have to put a dollar value on your intangible, non-financial losses. This can be incredibly difficult without an experienced lawyer by your side.
Our lawyers have the experience to help you establish your right to fair compensation. Give us a call today to learn more about how our legal team can fight for you.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Being Blamed for Causing a Taxicab Accident in Texas?
Under Texas modified comparative negligence laws, victims can recover partial compensation if they’re less than 51% responsible for an accident. You will lose your right to compensation if the insurance companies can prove that you were at least 51% responsible for your own injuries.
If you were less at fault than that, you may still recover compensation, but it can be reduced based on your assigned percentage. For example, sharing 20% of the blame means your monetary damages can be reduced by 20%.
An experienced San Antonio taxi accident attorney can ensure you aren’t assigned more blame than is appropriate. Contact our law office today to learn more.
Our Experienced Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Accident Injuries
Any car accident has the potential to cause a wide range of injuries, depending on the crash severity. Those injuries can be magnified if taxi passengers aren’t wearing seatbelts.
Some common taxi accident injuries include:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You can take the first step toward protecting your right to compensation by calling our law offices in Bexar County for a free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Accidents in San Antonio, Texas?
Even though taxi drivers are experienced drivers, they can’t avoid every accident. Cab drivers make mistakes like anyone else. In fact, they’re sometimes more likely to make mistakes because they may be tired and distracted after spending so much time behind the wheel.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), some of the most common causes of taxi crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Cell phone use
- Fatigued taxi drivers
- Road rage
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous turns
- Stopping in dangerous locations to pick up passengers
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Improperly maintained cabs
The cause of an accident isn’t always clear, especially if you were the victim or a passenger in the taxi. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers are here to help you gather the evidence you need to determine the exact cause of your accident.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Financial Compensation After a Taxi Accident in Texas?
To recover fair damages, you’ll probably have to prove that someone else was negligent and caused your accident.
Negligence means that:
- Someone owed you a legal duty of care (all drivers have a duty to drive safely and obey traffic laws)
- They breached that duty of care
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You suffered damages, whether physical injuries, emotional trauma or financial losses
Taxis in Texas are considered common carriers. Under Texas law, they’re held to a higher standard of care. That doesn’t always mean that your case will be easy to prove. Establishing causation can be incredibly difficult–especially if you aren’t entirely sure what caused the accident.
In the course of our investigation, we’ll work to locate any evidence that can establish your right to compensation, including:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Footage from video surveillance cameras and dashcams
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Evidence from the crash scene
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we have the resources to conduct a comprehensive investigation. All you have to do is call our law firm to get the ball rolling.
Who Is Responsible for Paying My Damages After a Taxi Accident in San Antonio?
Anyone whose negligence contributed to the crash can be held liable. Taxi cases are also complicated by the fact that someone other than the at-fault taxi driver may be responsible. The taxi driver’s employer may actually be liable for your damages.
Our lawyers will work to identify all responsible parties, including:
- Taxi cab companies
- Government agencies responsible for oversight
- Mechanics and maintenance companies
- Companies hired to inspect taxi vehicles
- Third-party motorists
- Employers of negligent parties
Every case is different. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you demand fair compensation from all parties who contributed to your accident.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Texas?
Most car accident victims have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. The two-year statute of limitations will probably apply in your case. However, if a government agency is a defendant, you must provide notice much sooner.
It’s always a good idea to take legal action and obtain legal representation sooner rather than later. If you were injured in an accident, contact our team for a free consultation today.
Contact a San Antonio Taxi Accident Attorey for a Free Consultation
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, helping accident victims recover full compensation is our number one priority. To learn more about how an experienced San Antonio taxi accident lawyer can help you prove your case, call for a free consultation today.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in San Antonio also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Birth Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Brain Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Car Accident Attorney in San Antonio, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Construction Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Premises Liability Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Product Liability Attorney in San Antonio
- San Antonio Bus Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Lyft Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Taxi Accident Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer in San Antonio
- Train Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Uber Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in San Antonio