Did you or a family member suffer serious injuries due to a dangerous or defective consumer product in San Antonio, TX? The product manufacturer may be strictly liable for damages. An experienced San Antonio product liability lawyer at George Salinas Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 110 years of experience fighting for injured clients in cases involving car accidents, San Antonio slip and fall accidents, taxi accidents, premises liability cases, San Antonio pedestrian accidents, brain injuries, and more. We’ve successfully helped our satisfied clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars since our firm was founded.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help With My Product Liability Case in San Antonio
Standing up to a large corporation can be intimidating under any circumstances. Fortunately, you don’t have to go it alone. When you’re injured and facing teams of defense attorneys, an experienced personal injury lawyer can protect you.
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, our lawyers earned the Texas Lawyer’s Southwest Top Verdicts & Settlements Award. In 2021, we were recognized for the Top 10 Personal Injury Settlements in Texas. Year after year, we’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine for our excellent legal representation.
Hire us, and you’ll have an attorney to:
- Investigate and gather evidence
- Identify the specific product defect that caused your injuries
- Determine whether others have suffered similar injuries
- Assess your case value
- Retain experts who can testify about the defect and its dangers
- Stand up and negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you at trial if necessary to protect you
The skill and experience of your San Antonio personal injury attorney can make a world of difference in your case. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team to learn more today. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no risk in calling.
How Often Are People Injured Due To Defective Products?
Dangerous products make it into the consumer marketplace more often than you might think. On average, about 46,200 Americans lose their lives while using defective products each year. Over 40 million more suffer injuries that are related to consumer product recalls.
The statistics can be scary. Even products that have been approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) or Food and Drug Administration (FDA) can be dangerous. In fact, about one in every three FDA-approved medications has unanticipated side effects.
What Is My San Antonio Product Liability Case Worth?
Understanding your rights is essential in any personal injury case. All too often, injured parties accept insurance settlements without understanding their case value.
The value of your case will depend on many independent factors, including:
- The type of injuries you have suffered
- Whether you are expected to make a full recovery or suffer a long-term impairment
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your anticipated future costs
- How the injury impacts your ability to work
- Whether you will be able to return to work in the same capacity
- How the injury changes your lifestyle and ability to enjoy life
- Whether you’re eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit or multi-district litigation (MDL)
Many factors are important when it comes to assessing the value of a personal injury claim. Each case is unique–so having an experienced lawyer review your case is valuable.
What Types of Damages Are Available To Victims in a Successful Product Liability Case?
- Past and future medical expenses, including rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- In-home assistance
- Household services
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Permanent disability
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Every personal injury case is slightly different from the one before. The types of damages you have incurred will depend heavily on the nature of your injuries.
Regardless, you can count on our product liability lawyers in San Antonio to fight for every dollar that’s available in your case. Just give us a call to learn how we can help you fight for fair compensation.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed for Causing My Own Injuries in Texas?
In most personal injury cases, a modified comparative negligence law applies in Texas. If your case is based on negligence, you can recover compensation if you were less than 51% responsible. If you were at least 51% liable, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Strict liability cases are slightly different. Negligence theories don’t apply in cases involving strict liability. Still, manufacturing companies often blame victims for misusing consumer products and causing their own injuries. Even if you did misuse the product, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll lose your right to compensation.
Product manufacturers can often be held responsible if the consumer misuses the product, but the misuse is reasonably foreseeable.
Our San Antonio Product Liability Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Defective products can be extremely dangerous.
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients who have suffered:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Lung damage
- Illnesses, including cancer
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you were injured, reach out to our legal team for a free consultation as soon as possible.
Our Lawyers Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in San Antonio, Texas
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of product liability cases here in San Antonio, including those involving defective:
- Prescription medications and medical devices
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Household cleaning products
- Lawn care products, including Roundup Weed Killer
- Children’s products, including car seats, toys, and furniture
- Household appliances
- Clothing items
- Batteries and electronic devices
- 3M earplugs
- Personal care products
- Sports and recreational equipment
- Work equipment or tools
- Vehicles and safety equipment
- Guns and firearms
- Vape pens
When products are defective, it’s the consumer who often suffers the most severe injuries. That’s why product manufacturers have a legal duty to test products rigorously before releasing them for sale.
If you were injured due to a defective or dangerous product, our product liability attorneys in San Antonio are here to stand up and fight to protect you. To learn more about your right to compensation, call our law firm for a free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove Liability in a Texas Product Liability Case?
Most personal injury cases are based on negligence. Victims must prove that someone else’s careless acts caused their accident and injuries.
Product liability claims are different. To recover damages under Texas law, you must establish:
- The product suffered from a defect
- You were using the product as intended or in a reasonably foreseeable way
- You sustained injuries because of the dangerous product
- The damages you suffered
There are three types of product defects: manufacturing defects, design defects, and marketing defects. Any type of defect can render a product unreasonably safe for consumer use.
Products with manufacturing defects are dangerous because of a mistake during the manufacturing and assembly process. While the product would have been safe if manufactured as intended, it becomes dangerous because of a deviation from the product’s design.
For example, if the wrong size screws were used in assembling a bicycle, that product may become dangerous. Manufacturing defects can impact a single product or an entire batch.
Products with design defects are dangerous even if assembled according to their precise specifications. Something about the product’s design is what makes the product dangerous. Roundup weed killer is one product that may suffer from a design defect because of its chemical composition.
If a reasonable, safer alternative design exists, manufacturing companies are required to adopt the safer design.
There are some types of products that cannot be made completely safe. For example, some types of prescription drugs will carry risks regardless of what the manufacturer does during the design or assembly process.
That’s why products come with warning labels and instructions. Product manufacturing companies can also be held liable for failing to warn consumers about non-obvious dangers or for failing to provide proper safety instructions.
How Long Do I Have To File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Texas?
Most injured parties have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under Texas law, once the two-year statute of limitations expires, you will be unable to seek compensation for your injuries.
Contact a San Antonio Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries due to a dangerous or defective product? You may be entitled to significant compensation from the companies responsible for designing, manufacturing, and selling the product. An experienced San Antonio product liability attorney at George Salinas Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation, so give us a call today.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in San Antonio also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Birth Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Brain Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Car Accident Attorney in San Antonio, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Construction Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Motorcycle Crash Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio Bus Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Lyft Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Taxi Accident Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer in San Antonio
- Train Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Uber Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in San Antonio, TX