Did you sustain damages in an accident involving an electric scooter in San Antonio, Texas? These collisions can cause serious injuries and harm; you deserve compensation that makes you whole again. George Salinas Injury Lawyers can help you file a claim for your medical bills, pain and suffering, out-of-pocket expenses, and more.
We’re a premier personal injury law firm in San Antonio that can put a wealth of resources and a substantial track record of success in your corner. Our San Antonio electric scooter accident lawyers have over 110 years of combined experience and have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We can get to work for you starting today.
Want more information about your legal rights and options? We offer a free initial consultation where you can speak with an experienced personal injury attorney about your case. Contact us online or call today at (210) 225-0909 to get started.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Electric Scooter Accident in San Antonio
Electric scooter accidents share most of the same characteristics as motorcycle accidents. These vehicles offer almost no protection in the event of a crash, and riders usually suffer the brunt of the impact with a larger motor vehicle like a car. Though e-scooters generally can’t travel as fast as motorcycles, they can still reach speeds high enough to cause substantial harm.
George Salinas Injury Lawyers can handle your claim for compensation while you recover from the accident. Our award-winning San Antonio personal injury lawyers have been recognized as Texas Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, and we’ve recovered some of the largest verdicts in Southwest Texas for this area of the law. We can help after an electric scooter accident by:
- Identifying the liable parties for your injuries and evaluating all of your damages
- Taking care of all the necessary procedures, paperwork, and communications with the opposing party
- Negotiating with the responsible party to reach an adequate settlement agreement on your behalf
- In the event that the other side refuses to settle your claim, filing a lawsuit and taking them to court if that’s in your best interest
Contact our law office in San Antonio, Texas, today to set up a free case evaluation. Our trusted legal team is standing by to assist.
Electric Scooter Law in San Antonio, Texas
Electric scooters, or “dockless vehicles” as the City of San Antonio refers to them, are relatively new. Nonetheless, many laws and regulations already exist that limit how they may be ridden.
For instance, Electric scooters are covered under the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) definition of a “motor-assisted scooter,” making them subject to numerous regulations on the state level. A local ordinance passed by the city also pertains to e-scooters. Here are some key requirements to keep in mind:
- Helmets are not required, though they are strongly recommended
- E-scooters may only be ridden on streets with a speed limit of 35 MPH or less
- Passengers are not allowed on electric scooters
- E-scooters must generally obey all traffic and roadway rules
- Electric scooters may not be ridden on sidewalks
- E-scooters must be parked out of the way of pedestrian pathways, streets, and bike lanes
- Electric scooters aren’t allowed in certain places such as Main Plaza, the Riverwalk, and Alamo Plaza
San Antonio also has a Dockless Vehicles Safety Flyer available for reference, which covers many of these legal stipulations.
How Valuable Is My San Antonio Electric Scooter Accident Case?
If you’re considering filing a claim for compensation after an e-scooter accident in San Antonio, it’s natural to wonder how much your case is worth. The truth is that each case has a unique value based on the facts and circumstances involved in the situation. Many factors can affect the value of a claim, including:
- How old you were at the time of the accident
- The terms of any insurance policies that apply to your case
- The nature of the injuries you’ve sustained
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
- The amount of evidence there is to prove your claim
Broadly speaking, the cases with the most catastrophic, life-changing injuries tend to be worth the most. However, other factors could have an equally important influence. If you contact us and schedule your free consultation, we can look into your case and provide specific insight into your claim’s value.
We’ll Fight for Compensation Based on All of Your Electric Scooter Accident Injuries
Even though electric scooters aren’t capable of especially high rates of speed, significant injuries can still result if they’re involved in a collision. Our San Antonio e-scooter lawyers can help you pursue compensation for any of the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones and fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Leg injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Nerve damage
- The wrongful death of a loved one
Contact us today to learn about your legal rights and options for holding the at-fault party liable for your injuries.
What Damages Can I Recover After a San Antonio Electric Scooter Accident?
Victims of electric scooter accidents in San Antonio, Texas, can pursue two primary types of damages: economic and non-economic.
Your financial losses due to the accident represent your economic damages claim. Examples of economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Medical bills
- Decreased earning capacity
The losses you’ve incurred that aren’t necessarily financial comprise your non-economic damages claim, such as:
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Decreased enjoyment in life
Punitive damages are also available in scooter accident cases, but only rarely. These damages are reserved for cases involving extreme behavior, such as when the at-fault party intended to cause others to suffer harm.
What if the At-Fault Party Is Blaming Me for My Electric Scooter Accident in San Antonio, TX?
Texas currently has a “modified comparative negligence” law with a 51% bar to recovery. This means you may be assigned a percentage of fault for your scooter accident, either by a court or during settlement negotiations. You cannot recover compensation if this percentage is 51% or more.
However, so long as it is 50% or less, you may still succeed with your claim – but your damages can be adjusted based on your assigned percentage. For example, if you’re awarded $200,000 and are assigned 25% of the blame, your damages award can be reduced by 25% to $150,000.
If you hire George Salinas Injury Lawyers, our San Antonio e-scooter accident attorneys can help you respond effectively to unfair accusations of blame.
Why Do Electric Scooter Accidents Happen in San Antonio?
Electric scooter accidents happen in San Antonio for largely the same reasons other car accidents do. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Distracted riding or driving
- Drunk driving or riding
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Insufficient rider skill
- Fatigued driving or riding
- Defective machinery or parts
- Poor weather or road conditions
- Aggressive riding or driving
Did another person’s negligence cause you to suffer an injury in an e-scooter crash? Contact our law office today to learn about your best legal course of action.
What Is the Deadline To File an Electric Scooter Accident Claim in Texas?
In the State of Texas, you’ll have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim in most cases. If you file your claim too late, you will almost certainly lose your ability to receive compensation for your injuries.
Since exceptions to this statute of limitations deadline apply in some cases, we recommend getting in touch with our legal team to ensure you know the appropriate timeline for your situation.
Schedule a Free Case Review With an Experienced San Antonio Electric Scooter Accident Attorney
Were you injured in an electric scooter accident in San Antonio? George Salinas Injury Lawyers can help you throughout the entire claims process. If you hire us, we’ll work hard to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Our San Antonio electric scooter accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, so you can utilize our legal services with no upfront costs. We will also only receive attorney’s fees if we obtain compensation for you at the conclusion of your case.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in San Antonio also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Birth Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Brain Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Car Accident Attorney in San Antonio, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Construction Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Premises Liability Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Product Liability Attorney in San Antonio
- San Antonio Bus Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Lyft Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Taxi Accident Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer in San Antonio
- Train Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Truck Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Uber Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in San Antonio, TX