After a bus accident in San Antonio, Texas, you could be entitled to compensation to cover the costs of medical treatment, offset lost wages, and make up for the trauma you’ve endured. Bus drivers, bus companies, and insurance companies won’t make your fight for compensation easy. Level the playing field by putting the San Antonio bus accident lawyers at George Salinas Injury Lawyers in your corner.
We’re nationally recognized trial attorneys who have developed a reputation for providing compelling, effective legal representation to auto accident victims in San Antonio and throughout the state of Texas. Putting 110+ years of combined experience behind every case, we’ve been able to help our clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards.
Give yourself the edge you need to make the most of your financial recovery. Call our San Antonio, TX law office to learn more about how we can help. We offer a free initial case assessment, so get in touch today at (210) 225-0909.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bus Accident in San Antonio, TX
The bus driver won’t be quick to admit that they were careless behind the wheel. The bus company and its insurance carrier will do anything to shift blame and limit how much money you might be awarded for your bus accident injuries.
To get the results you deserve, you’ll need to be aggressive and make it clear that you’re not going to be pushed around. That’s where our San Antonio personal injury lawyers can really make a difference.
Our law firm has helped thousands of clients stand up to insurance companies, transportation services, government agencies, and other powerful adversaries and make sure that their stories are told. We have the resources and experience to make sure that the people we represent have every opportunity to get the compensation they deserve.
Through hard work and dedication, our law firm has helped to recover financial awards that have changed the lives of clients like you forever.
When you turn to us for help after a bus accident in San Antonio, we’ll handle every aspect of your case while you have the time to focus on getting better.
- Investigate the specific details leading up to and surrounding your bus accident
- Gather and analyze critical pieces of evidence, including photographs, bus black box data, witness statements, vehicle maintenance records, driver records, accident reports, and medical records
- Work closely with accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, rehabilitation specialists, and other experts as we build a strong claim for damages on your behalf
- Enter negotiations armed with facts, evidence, and arguments needed to leverage a meaningful settlement offer
- Provide guidance and advice at critical points in the claims process – like when you’re asked to decide to accept or reject a settlement
- Litigate your bus accident case at trial in Bexar County, if necessary
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, our bus accident attorneys represent San Antonio crash victims on a contingency fee basis. There’s no fee to hire our law firm unless we win your bus accident case.
We also provide a free consultation so that you can ask questions, learn about our law firm, and get insight into the potential strength of your bus accident case.
Contact us today to set up a time to speak about your bus accident case.
How Common Are Bus Accidents in Texas?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), hundreds of bus accidents are reported across the state of Texas every year.
In 2021, there were at least 1,039 reported bus accidents in the Lone Star State.
These caused at least 888 injuries and 19 fatalities.
Based on this data, it means there are roughly 2.8 bus accidents in Texas every day.
We Handle All Types of Bus Accident Injury Cases in San Antonio
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have been injured or lost family members in all types of bus accidents, including:
- School bus accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Charter bus accidents
- VIA Metropolitan Transit bus accidents
- Greyhound bus accidents
- Megabus accidents
- Airport shuttle bus accidents
- Rental bus accidents
- Fatal bus accidents
Whether your child was injured on a school bus in Bexar County or you suffered injuries in a car accident involving a VIA metro transit bus, our bus accident attorneys in San Antonio will be there to help you fight for just compensation. Reach out to a member of our legal team to get started today.
What Causes Bus Accidents?
Bus operations are strictly regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Texas state law. Drivers have to have a commercial driver’s license before they can transport passengers. Drivers and services are held to strict standards relating to hours of service, vehicle maintenance, speed, and overall operations.
Simply put, bus accidents are largely avoidable events. When they happen, it’s usually because someone – often a bus driver or bus company – was negligent.
Some of the leading contributors to bus accidents in San Antonio include:
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced operators
- Unfamiliarity with San Antonio roads and traffic
- Unsafe turns, especially at accelerated speeds
- Unsafe stopping
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Moving through an intersection without looking for pedestrians or bicyclists
- Negligent bus maintenance
- Failure to perform regular bus inspections
- Braking errors
Other factors – including bus defects, dangerous road design, and limited visibility – can also contribute to or cause auto accidents involving buses in San Antonio.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Been Hurt in a San Antonio Bus Crash?
Whether you’re injured as a passenger on a bus, an occupant of another vehicle, or a bystander on the side of the road, you may have the right to receive compensatory damages for your injuries.
Compensatory damages are divided into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are awarded to cover the costs and losses related to your bus accident, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Funeral expenses if a bus accident in San Antonio is fatal
Non-economic damages are awarded to help you cope with the unexpected life changes that you experience because you were in a bus accident, such as:
- Reduced quality of life
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
A jury might also decide to award punitive damages if it believes that your bus accident was the result of another person’s intentionally harmful or grossly negligent actions.
Our bus accident lawyers in San Antonio will fight to get you an award that makes you financially whole and fully compensates for the suffering you’ve endured.
Who Could Be Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries After a Crash in San Antonio?
While the specific details of your bus accident will inform liability, potentially responsible parties might include:
- Bus driver
- Driver of a passenger vehicle
- Uber or Lyft driver
- Bus passengers
- Bus company
- VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Government agency
- School district
- Property owner
- Bus manufacturer
- Bus mechanic
George Salinas Injury Lawyers will carefully and thoroughly assess the specific facts of your case and work to identify anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to your bus crash.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win My San Antonio Bus Accident Case?
With a few exceptions, most bus accident cases in Texas are based on negligence. So, when you file a bus accident lawsuit, you’ll typically be required to prove that you were injured because of another party’s negligence, which caused the crash.
Specifically, you must establish:
- The defendant (e.g., bus driver, bus company) owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant failed to act reasonably under the circumstances, thereby breaching the duty of care owed to you;
- The defendant’s actions (or inaction) caused a collision in which you were injured; and
- You’ve sustained identifiable damages.
In Texas, buses are classified as common carriers. This is good for you since it means that bus companies and bus drivers are held to heightened standards of care. As a result, even minor mistakes and errors can be considered a breach of the duty of care owed to you as a passenger, making your path to a financial recovery easier.
What’s the Deadline for Filing a Texas Bus Accident Lawsuit?
Once you’ve been injured or lost a family member in a bus accident in San Antonio, TX, you’ll typically have just two years to take legal action.
Personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of an accident or a victim’s death, whichever is later.
When the statute of limitations expires, you give up the opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve. Reach out to our skilled personal injury attorneys in San Antonio right away to protect your rights.
Arrange a Free Case Evaluation With an Experienced San Antonio Bus Accident Lawyer
You could be entitled to a sizable monetary award if you or a close family member have recently been involved in a bus accident in San Antonio, TX. Our San Antonio bus accident attorneys are ready to help you fight to get every cent you deserve.
Don’t hesitate to reach out at (210) 225-0909 to our law office in San Antonio to learn more about your options and discover how we might be able to help. Your first case assessment is free, so contact us today.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in San Antonio also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Birth Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Brain Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Child Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Construction Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Premises Liability Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Product Liability Attorney in San Antonio
- San Antonio Lyft Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Taxi Accident Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer in San Antonio
- Train Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Uber Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in San Antonio, TX