In 2022, there were 39,355 reported traffic crashes in San Antonio, TX. Drivers are responsible for causing most of the traffic accidents in Texas. However, there are exceptions.
Our San Antonio car accident lawyers at George Salinas Injury Lawyers have extensive experience handling accident claims. Our lawyers have more than 110 years of combined legal experience representing injury victims. We are aggressive trial lawyers and skilled negotiators, which has allowed us to recover hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a San Antonio Car Accident
Even a minor car accident in can cause serious injuries and substantial financial losses. A severe car crash can result in permanent impairments and millions of dollars in damages. You need an experienced attorney to help you recover the money you deserve after a car accident.
Our attorneys at George Salinas Injury Lawyers have been featured on major news networks for their legal expertise. They have top ratings from national organizations, including Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
When you hire our award-winning San Antonio personal injury attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Complete an independent accident investigation to determine how the crash happened
- Identify all parties who are responsible for causing the crash
- Obtain copies of accident and police reports
- Work with accident reconstructionists and other expert witnesses when needed
- Determine how much your case is worth by meticulously documenting your damages
- File insurance claims and aggressively negotiate fair insurance settlements
- File a personal injury lawsuit and have a seasoned trial lawyer argue your case in court, if necessary
A reckless or negligent driver can change your life forever. It is not fair. We cannot undo the physical and emotional damages caused by a car accident, but we can fight to obtain a fair settlement for your damages.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers in San Antonio, Texas.
Who Is At Fault for Your San Antonio Car Accident?
Texas is an at-fault state for car accident claims. You must prove another party caused your car accident before you can collect compensation from that party or their insurance provider.
Parties that could be at fault for your car accident include:
Drivers cause most of the car crashes each year because of negligence. Common reasons drivers cause car crashes include:
- Failing to follow Texas traffic laws, including failing to yield the right of way, improper lane changes, and following too closely (tailgating)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Drowsy and fatigued driving
Texas requires drivers to have minimum liability insurance coverage. If the insurance does not cover your damages or refuses to pay your claim, you can sue the driver who caused your accident in court.
Other Parties That Could Be At Fault for a San Antonio Car Accident
One or more parties could be liable for a car accident in San Antonio. Other parties who could be at fault include:
- Manufacturers – Car manufacturers could be liable if a defective car part or system contributes to the cause of a crash. Examples include defective brakes, malfunctioning steering systems, and faulty tires. A manufacturer could be strictly liable for damages under product liability laws.
- Repair Shops– If a company performs faulty workmanship that leads to a car crash, the company and its employees could be liable for damages. A company could be vicariously liable for damages caused by an employee’s negligence.
- Government Entities – Road conditions and defectively designed roads and intersections could contribute to the cause of a car accident. Texas has waived sovereign immunity for most negligence claims related to personal injuries.
- Employers – An employer could be held liable if an employee causes a car accident while on the job. Trucking companies are often held liable for truck accidents caused by their drivers.
When a party is responsible for causing a car accident, you can demand compensation for your economic damages, including lost wages and medical bills. You can also receive compensation for non-economic damages, including diminished quality of life, pain, and suffering.
However, determining causation and fault for a car accident can be challenging on your own. Our experienced San Antonio car accident lawyers at George Salinas Injury Lawyers use our considerable resources, skills, and expertise to determine liability so you can recover compensation for damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers
We are here to help you when you need trusted legal advice about a personal injury case. Call now at (210) 225-0909 for a free case review from one of our experienced San Antonio car accident lawyers. Don’t let the insurance adjuster convince you to accept a settlement offer until you talk with one of our attorneys.