Injuries and Accidents at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
September 15, 2023 | Personal Injury
Kids and adults love going to amusement parks. The thrilling rides make us laugh and scream at the same time. However, amusement park injuries and accidents can turn a fun day into a tragic and devastating experience.
Unfortunately, Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio is not exempt from injuries and accidents. Keep reading to learn more, including what you should do if you or a family member is injured at a Texas amusement park.
Examples of Injuries and Accidents at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Thousands of people in the United States are injured and killed in amusement park accidents each year.
Below are just a few of the notable accidents and injuries reported at Six Flags Fiesta Texas:
- July 8, 2000 – Seven people were taken to the hospital and released without serious injuries after exposure to a chlorine spill.
- June 12, 2007 – A 14-year-old girl fell into a gap between cars on the Poltergeist roller coaster and was paralyzed after falling to a concrete floor about ten feet below.
- May 29, 2021 – Twenty people had to be rescued from the Poltergeist roller coaster when it became stuck. No injuries were reported, but the guests were stranded on the roller coaster for a few hours.
The above events are only a few examples of the accidents that can happen in an amusement park. Many injuries at amusement parks go unreported because a life is not lost or the injury is not catastrophic. However, all injuries should be treated seriously.
Following all rules and safety guidelines when attending an amusement park is essential to reduce the risk of injury and death. Individuals should also use reasonable care throughout their visit.
Common Causes of Amusement Park Injuries and Accidents in San Antonio, TX
Accidents at amusement parks happen for many reasons, including:
- Ejection from a ride
- Impact with a part of the ride
- Being struck by a ride
- Equipment failure
- Accidents when onboarding and exiting rides
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Being hit by a foreign object
- Failure to maintain and repair rides
- Defective parts and products
- Inexperienced ride operators
- Failing to inspect rides and the park grounds
- Inadequate lighting
- Failing to follow safety measures and protocols
Negligence is a common reason for many amusement park accidents and injuries. If someone is injured at an amusement park, the park operator, owner, management company, staffing agency, ride manufacturers, maintenance company, and other parties might share liability for the victim’s damages.
What Injuries Are Common at Amusement Parks in Texas?
Amusement park accidents cause a variety of injuries.
Examples of injuries sustained by park guests include, but are not limited to:
- Brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Facial injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Leg and arm injuries
Sometimes, a person’s injuries at an amusement park are life-threatening. The victim might develop permanent impairments or disabilities. Sadly, some victims never recover from their injuries, leaving their family members to deal with their wrongful death.
What Compensation Could I Recover After an Amusement Park Accident in San Antonio, TX?
Therefore, you could receive compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent impairments
- Diminished quality of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Reduction in future earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
However, recovering compensation after an amusement park accident might not be easy. The park is likely to blame you for causing your injury. It might try to use contributory fault to reduce the value of your personal injury claim.
Therefore, it is crucial that you seek legal advice from a San Antonio personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Experienced injury lawyers understand the complexities of personal injury cases for injuries sustained at an amusement park. Attorneys also have the resources to conduct investigations and take on large corporations and insurance companies to fight for fair compensation for their clients.
What Should I Do if I’m Injured at an Amusement Park in Texas?
If you or a loved one is injured at a Texas amusement park, remain calm and try to remember to take these steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries. Go to the first aid station or tell an employee you require emergency medical services. Follow up with your physician and complete the treatment plan.
- Report the accident to the amusement park as soon as possible. Insist on a written record of your report and ask for a copy before you leave the park.
- Take photographs and make a video of the area around where you were injured. Try to capture any hazards or dangerous conditions that contributed to your injury.
- Talk with witnesses and ask them for their names and contact information. Your attorney will want to talk with them.
- Take photos of your injuries throughout your recovery to document their severity.
Avoid making a statement or talking with park officials other than to report the injury or accident. Instead, contact a San Antonio personal injury attorney about your case. Allowing an attorney to handle the communications with the park and other responsible parties is best.
As a guest at the amusement park, you have the right to expect to be relatively safe while on park grounds. When the operators and owners of amusement parks breach their duty of care owed to guests, they can be held liable for the injuries and damages their negligence causes.
The Texas statute of limitations limits your time to file a claim for an amusement park injury. Therefore, do not wait to talk with an attorney about your case. Missing the deadline could result in losing your right to pursue a claim in court.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm in San Antonio, TX
If you’ve been injured in an accident in San Antonio, Texas, and need legal help, contact our San Antonio personal injury lawyers at George Salinas Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.