Distracted drivers cause horrific car accidents because of their negligence and carelessness. As a result, innocent victims sustain traumatic injuries and thousands of dollars in medical bills and other damages. At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, PLLC, we fight to recover compensation for victims of distracted driving accidents in San Antonio, TX.
Our award-winning San Antonio car accident lawyers have extensive experience handling car accident cases. We strive to recover the maximum amount for each of our clients.
Contact our law office to schedule your free consultation with experienced San Antonio distracted driving accident lawyers.
How Our San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers Help You with a Distracted Driver Accident Claim
After an accident in San Antonio, Texas, your focus should be on your recovery. However, insurance adjusters may pressure you to settle your claim. The last thing you should worry about is proving you are entitled to fair compensation for your injuries.
Our legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers, handles all aspects of your car accident case from beginning to end. We use our considerable resources and expertise to gather evidence proving causation and fault for the car crash. Our lawyers advocate for your best interests during each phase of your personal injury claim.
When you hire our top-rated San Antonio car accident attorneys, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the cause of your car accident and identify all parties liable for your damages
- Verify insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Complete and file all documents to protect your right to file claims and personal injury lawsuits
- Work with the top expert witnesses to gather evidence, as needed
- Determine how much your claim is worth and aggressively fight to recover that amount
- File a lawsuit and have a skilled trial lawyer argue your case before a jury, if necessary
An auto accident can turn your life upside down. Our legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers, works to reduce your stress and give you the legal support you need as you work to recover from a car accident.
Call us now to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced San Antonio distracted driving accident attorney.
What Causes Distracted Driving Accidents in San Antonio, Texas?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 433 people died in distracted driving accidents statewide. There were 18,614 reported distracted driving crashes in Bexar County that year, many in San Antonio. Thousands of victims were injured, and 57 died because of distracted drivers in Bexar county.
Even though federal, state, and local governments and organizations work to educate drivers about the dangers of distracted driving, individuals continue to be distracted behind the wheel. Common reasons for distracted driving accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Texting while driving (Texas has laws against texting and driving)
- Talking on a cell phone
- Using a GPS or other device
- Consuming food and drinks
- Taking care of a child, pet, or passenger
- Looking at objects outside of the vehicle
- Reaching for objects
- Grooming and putting on makeup
- Watching and/or making videos
- Reading and writing
A distraction is any activity that deters a person’s attention from operating a vehicle. Distractions include manual, visual, and cognitive activities. A few seconds of distraction can cause a catastrophic car crash that kills or severely injures drivers, passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and others using the road.
What Damages Can I Receive for a San Antonio Distracted Driving Accident?
Injuries caused by distracted driving accidents include traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and many others. The result can be substantial financial, physical, and emotional damages for the victim.
- Medical bills
- Physical pain and suffering
- A decrease in quality of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Impairments and disabilities
- Diminished earning capacity
In some cases, the court might award punitive damages. However, punitive damages are only awarded in a few cases. Our attorneys analyze your case to determine all damages you could receive and fight to recover those damages during settlement negotiations and jury trials.
How Do I Prove Fault for a Distracted Driving Accident in Texas?
Texas is a fault-based state for personal injury claims. You have the burden of proving the other driver caused your accident. Therefore, you need evidence proving the legal elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care – The driver had a duty of care to act with reasonable care while operating a motor vehicle.
- Breach of Duty – The driver’s conduct fell short of the standard of care based on what a reasonable person would do in the same situation.
- Causation – The driver’s actions directly and approximately led to the cause of the collision.
- Damages – You sustained damages because of the driver’s conduct.
Our legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers, gathers evidence to prove each legal element of your case. Because the Texas statute of limitations restricts the time you have to file a claim, it is best to contact our office as soon as possible.
If you wait too long to investigate a crash, evidence could be lost or destroyed. The insurance company might try to drag out your case to allow the filing deadline to expire. Contact us now so we can begin working on your case.
Contact Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Did a distracted driver cause your car accident? Our legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers, is ready to help. Call now for a free consultation with one of our San Antonio car accident attorneys.
George Salinas Talks Texting and Driving in San Antonio Living Interview
- Airbag Injuries
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a San Antonio Car Accident?
- Car Inspection Laws in Texas
- Common Car Accident Scenarios: Understanding Who Is At Fault
- DUI Accidents in San Antonio
- San Antonio Car Accident FAQs
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in San Antonio, TX?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in San Antonio?