Were you injured in a motor vehicle accident involving a tow truck in San Antonio, Texas? Was it caused by a negligent tow truck driver or someone else? If so, you shouldn’t bear the financial burden alone.
A San Antonio tow truck accident attorney from
Contact our San Antonio personal injury law firm or call us at (210) 225-0909 today. We offer a free consultation to discuss your tow truck accident, injuries, and legal options for financial recovery.
How Can a San Antonio Truck Accident Attorney Help After a Collision With a Tow Truck?
An accident with a commercial vehicle often results in a complex claim process. Multiple parties may be involved, and substantial insurance policies may come into play. It’s difficult to deal with this type of personal injury claim, especially when you’re struggling with painful injuries.
Contact George Salinas Injury Lawyers and get an experienced advocate on your side. We’ll alleviate the stress of a legal battle and give you time to focus on your health and recovery.
If you hire our San Antonio personal injury lawyers to handle your tow truck accident case, we’ll:
- Provide honest legal advice and guidance
- Investigate the truck crash and identify all potentially liable parties
- Gather evidence to present the strongest case possible
- Communicate and negotiate with insurance companies, the truck company, and other parties
- Take your case to trial if we fail to reach an out-of-court settlement agreement
You’re not alone if you’ve been injured in a tow truck collision in San Antonio, Texas. Call our law office today for a free initial consultation with an experienced San Antonio personal injury attorney.
What Causes Tow Truck Accidents?
Tow trucks are heavy vehicles on their own, with some weighing over 26,000 pounds. However, when they’re hauling another car or machinery, they weigh even more – making accidents especially dangerous.
Tow truck drivers need considerable experience and skill to maneuver these vehicles safely. They must be able to effectively respond to unexpected hazards that arise.
Unfortunately, car accidents involving tow trucks still happen for the following reasons:
- Fatigued tow truck drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions
- Failure to properly secure the towed cargo
- Inadequate driver training
- Driving under the influence
- Loss of control of the vehicle
- Larger blind spots or traveling in a tow truck’s blind spot
- Parking or loading in unsafe locations
- Improper maintenance
- Failure to inspect the truck
- Defective tow truck parts or mechanisms
- Violations of Texas traffic laws or trucking regulations
If you’re unsure how the crash happened, our San Antonio tow truck accident lawyers will investigate and pinpoint the cause.
Who Is Liable for a Tow Truck Accident in San Antonio, TX?
Truck accident cases often involve multiple parties. The tow truck company has a duty to provide adequate training and ensure that regulations and safety protocols are followed. Repair and maintenance companies must ensure that the vehicle is safe when it leaves their garage.
Examples of parties who may share liability for a tow truck accident include:
- The tow truck driver
- Other drivers
- The tow truck company
- Truck maintenance companies
- Government agencies responsible for road maintenance
- Manufacturers of defective truck components
Our San Antonio truck accident lawyers will identify every responsible party to ensure you get the best possible outcome in your case.
How Do I Prove My Tow Truck Accident Case?
Most tow truck accident cases involve a negligent party.
As the injured party, you must prove the following elements of negligence:
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached their duty by acting unreasonably under the circumstances
- The defendant’s actions directly caused the truck accident
- You suffered damages
We’ll gather evidence – such as medical records, accident reports, black box data (if available), maintenance reports, and surveillance – proving the elements of your truck accident case.
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Tow Truck Accident in San Antonio, Texas?
Because an accident with a tow truck can result in catastrophic injuries, you may incur expensive medical costs and suffer life-altering consequences. You’re entitled to the full extent of your damages under Texas law.
You can pursue compensation for economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses, including future healthcare needs
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses, including travel costs and childcare
A tow truck crash can also result in significant non-economic damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent impairment or disability
- The onset of psychological conditions like PTSD
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of companionship
You may be eligible for punitive damages if the tow truck driver was driving drunk or otherwise exhibited highly reckless behavior. Our truck accident attorneys in San Antonio will pursue the full extent of your losses.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Tow Truck Accident in Texas?
In most cases, you must file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the tow truck accident. If it was a fatal tow truck crash, you have two years from your loved one’s date of death to file a claim for wrongful death.
However, there may be exceptions, so it’s important to seek legal guidance as soon as possible. If you miss the statute of limitations that applies to your case, you’ll lose the right to seek damages from the at-fault party.
Contact Our San Antonio Tow Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Case Evaluation
If you were injured in a tow truck accident in San Antonio, TX, George Salinas Injury Lawyers will help you get the compensation you deserve for your losses. Contact our experienced San Antonio tow truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation to discuss your legal options.