Are there Spanish-speaking lawyers near me in Texas?
If you or a loved one is dealing with a legal matter, the first thing you might ask yourself is: “Where can I find Spanish-speaking lawyers near me?” This is an essential question, because having lawyers who speak your language can make the difference between winning or losing a case.
Some of the advantages of having a Spanish-speaking lawyer include:
- Clear and effective communication.
- Closer attorney-client relationship.
- Reduced misunderstandings.
- No need to hire a translator.
However, finding Hispanic lawyers in the United States is complicated and Texas is no exception:
- Texas is home to nearly 12 million Hispanics, but very few lawyers (about 5%) speak Spanish.
This imbalance means that many Hispanics end up receiving legal assistance from lawyers who don’t speak their language. This often translates into a professional relationship of misunderstanding and distance, which directly impacts their rights and best interests.
Do you or a loved one need the assistance of Spanish-speaking attorneys? At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we’re part of the Texas Hispanic community. Call us at 210-225-0909 or fill out this form to schedule a free consultation. Our Spanish-speaking attorneys are ready to help you.
Why is it important to have Hispanic lawyers near me?
Most people tend to believe that they’ll never need the services of an attorney and only require a law firm in special circumstances. However, the reality is that anybody may need the assistance of a lawyer for everyday situations such as:
- A car accident
- A slip or fall
- A dog bite
- Storm damage to your home
- Injury from a defective product
- A bicycle accident
- A motorcycle accident
- A pedestrian accident
- A workplace accident
- A burn injury
All of these examples share a common factor: accidents in which the injured person was the victim of someone else’s negligence. Therefore, you have the right to hire a personal injury attorney and file for various compensation benefits that will let you recover from your injuries with financial peace of mind. These benefits include:
- Coverage of all medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Reimbursement of lost wages,
- Compensation for emotional and psychological injuries (such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder).
- In case of wrongful death, the bereaved of the deceased (parents, spouses and/or children) are entitled to receive both coverage of all funeral expenses and pension schemes.
To win a personal injury case, lawyers must take a series of specialized actions to gather the evidence necessary to prove negligence, including:
- Visit the scene of the accident accompanied by experts.
- Identify any videographic material that may have recorded the circumstances of the accident.
- Talk to eyewitnesses to obtain their testimonies about the incident.
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- If necessary, file a lawsuit and work to win the case in court during a trial.
Through these actions, personal injury lawyers can earn fair compensation for the victim that will let them rebuild their lives alongside their family and without financial worries.
However, it’s very important that if you speak Spanish, your lawyers also speak it. Here are three main reasons why.
1. Clear and effective communication
An essential part of the professional relationship between lawyer and client is communication, which must be clear and effective. If the lawyer doesn’t speak the client’s preferred language, communication can become complex and erratic, which will directly impact the case.
While it’s possible to hire a translator, this can make communication tedious and indirect. What’s more, the client will have to pay more money for this aspect of their defense.
2. Closer attorney-client relationship
Building a winning case relies heavily on total trust between attorney and client. If a client doesn’t feel comfortable with their attorney, the process often becomes unproductive.
A healthy and fruitful professional relationship begins with language. If you speak Spanish, you should make sure that your attorney speaks it as well.
3. Reduced misunderstandings
When a person speaks Spanish and their attorney doesn’t understand the language well, it’s very possible that misunderstandings can arise during the process. This lack of clarity can have serious consequences.
For example, if the attorney doesn’t understand Spanish well, they may misunderstand the client’s description of what happened or may not fully understand the client’s concerns.
Ultimately, these circumstances can negatively influence the outcome of the case.
Statistics on Spanish-speaking lawyers in the United States
A study by the American Bar Association reported the following data:
- About 42 million people in the United States speak Spanish (representing 13.5% of the population).
- Of all lawyers in the United States, only 5% speak Spanish.
These figures suggest that there’s a lack of legal representation for Americans who prefer to speak Spanish:
- While nearly 14 people out of every 100 speak Spanish, only 5 lawyers out of every 100 can represent them in their language.
However, in Texas this trend is even more serious:
- Texas is home to nearly 19 million people over the age of five.
- 27% of Texans over the age of five speak Spanish as a first language (more than 5 million people).
These statistics are alarming, as we’re facing a scenario in which a large part of the population that prefers to speak Spanish in Texas may have difficulty getting high-quality legal representation in their language should they need it.
What steps should I take if I get into an accident?
If you have been involved in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, it’s important that you consider the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Ask for a medical report specifying your diagnosis.
- Contact a personal injury attorney who speaks Spanish.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of the other people involved in the accident.
- Write down the name and phone number of possible eyewitnesses.
- Take photographs and videos of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Don’t talk to insurance company representatives or sign any documents.
- Don’t post anything about the accident on your social media.
How much does it cost to hire a Spanish-speaking lawyer?
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we work on personal injury cases using a payment method designed to protect victims known as “contingency fees.” You never have to pay out of pocket!
We handle your case using our resources. In return, we receive a small percentage of the final amount of compensation you get (as agreed with you in a contract).
Why are the Hispanic attorneys at George Salinas Accident Lawyers my best option?
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience winning personal injury cases and have earned millions of dollars for our clients. In addition to excellent legal work, we use a friendly and empathetic approach for every case.
If you or a loved one needs legal help, call us at 210-225-0909 or fill out this form to schedule a free consultation. If you are wondering “are there Spanish lawyers near me in Texas?”, we’re your best choice and are ready to help.
If you found this article interesting, read more here: