Austin Boating Accident Lawyer
If you love boating and the water, you’ll love Austin. Both Lake Austin and Lake Travis offer myriad opportunities to get out there and enjoy some quality time on the water. It’s important to keep in mind, however, that boating accidents happen—and they’re often very serious. When you take to the water in Austin, always make boating safely your primary goal. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a boating accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need an experienced Austin boating accident attorney.
Texas Boat Accident StatisticsTexas is a great state for boating. In fact, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department reports that Texas has more inland water (measured in square miles) than any other state and that Texas ranks sixth for the number of registered boats in the nation. Further, the Department forwards two significant safety statistics:
- Alcohol is involved in almost half of all boating accidents.
- Almost 85 percent of drowning victims in boating accidents weren’t wearing life jackets.
The Effects of Boat AccidentsBoating accidents often lead to serious injuries that have overarching physical, financial, and emotional consequences. The associated medical expenses are often the tip of the iceberg when it comes to damages incurred. Recovering from a serious injury is also likely to cause you to lose significant wages. Such injuries can even alter the trajectory of your career and lead to a diminished earning potential. Finally, the emotional and psychological effects of a serious injury can be immense and especially difficult to cope with as you navigate through post-accident life. Your experienced boating accident attorney will help ensure that your claim adequately represents your total losses.
Boating Accident CausesBoating accidents—much like car accidents—can be caused by a variety of factors. Often, however, a boat operator’s negligence precipitates serious accidents. There are several varieties of such negligence that are common culprits:
- Alcohol, drugs, or exhaustion impaired the boat operator.
- The boat operator doesn’t maneuver the boat safely and in accordance with boating regulations, including speed limits.
- The boat operator is distracted from the task of driving the boat safely (interacting with one’s smartphone is a common and dangerous distraction).
- The boat operator fails to accommodate for high traffic on the water and/or for other significant obstacles to safe maneuvering.
- The boat operator fails to implement the boat’s lights when on the water at night—or whose boat isn’t equipped with these necessary safety devices.
If Someone Else’s Negligence Left You Injured in a Boating Accident, You Need an Experienced Austin Boating Accident LawyerBoating is a fun and relaxing way to enjoy Austin, but boating accidents happen and they often lead to serious injuries. If you’ve been injured in a boating accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need experienced legal counsel. The dedicated legal team at The Law Offices of George Salinas in Austin has the experience, commitment, and knowledge to aggressively advocate for your claim’s most beneficial resolution. Our skilled boating accident attorneys care about your claim and are here to help, so please contact or call us at (512) 851-1004 to schedule an appointment today.
Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"He helped me understand every stage of my case and fought hard for me. I was proud to have him on my side."