San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury involves any type of injury sustained in an accident. These types of injuries can be caused by car accidents, slips and falls, defective products, dog bites, or wrongful death claims. Personal injury law (also known as “tort” law) allows an injured person to get compensation when the wrongful conduct of another (whether negligent or intentional) causes him or her harm.
There are a variety of situations that can result in a valid personal injury claim. If you or a loved one was harmed in a personal injury accident, we’re here to help. Contact us at (210) 225-0909 to schedule a free consultation today.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents We Handle
In addition, we work on cases such as injuries from defective products, assault and battery and bad faith insurance claims.
Why Is It Necessary to Hire a Personal Injury Accident Lawyer?
A personal injury accident in San Antonio can change your life. Hiring an expert attorney to represent you could make the difference between getting the compensation you’re entitled to or not.
What Compensation Can Your Lawyers Get for You?
If you or a loved one was harmed in a personal injury accident due to the negligence of another party, you may be able to receive financial compensation. The amount of compensation depends on who was responsible for the accident and what type of damages were sustained.
In general, the types of tort cases handled by a personal injury lawyer include:
- Intentional tort.
- Strict liability.
A personal injury lawyer can file a reimbursement claim for a victim of:
- Any person, or action, that deliberately causes you harm.
- Any person, or action, that deliberately causes harm to another by negligence, carelessness or oversight of a necessary action;
- Any person or entity that caused harm, even if not responsible or negligent.
At the Law Offices of George Salinas, we represent you in your insurance claim and/or personal injury lawsuit to get the maximum compensation possible.
Personal Injury Statistics for San Antonio
Personal injury accidents happen every day in San Antonio. The following is a list of personal injury statistics showing how often they occur:
- Personal injury accidents result in more than 31 million emergency room visits every year.
- More than 90,000 people die in the United States as a result of unintentional accidents.
- Slips and falls are the leading cause of personal injury-related deaths among Americans age 70 and older.
- Every year, more than 600,000 people are treated in emergency rooms as a result of personal injuries sustained while bicycling. In addition, more than 750 bicyclists die each year from such personal injuries.
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite, which is covered by personal injury law.
- More than two million people called poison control centers for accidental poisonings resulting in personal injury.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of personal injury-related deaths in the United States for people age 34 and younger.
- More than 3.5 million people are injured in motor vehicle crashes in the United States every year. Another 42,000 die as a result of these accidents.
Personal Injury FAQs
1. How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You don’t have to make this decision on your own. Get in touch with a personal injury lawyer and schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation in detail.
An attorney will be able to give advice about who you can sue and what compensation you can expect to get, depending on the facts of the accident and the laws of your state. In most situations, you’ll have a case if someone acted carelessly under the circumstances and caused your injuries. However, meeting this standard is more complicated than it sounds, so it’s important to consult an attorney.
2. How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
This will depend on the specific nature of your injuries and can’t be determined until your case has been thoroughly investigated. You can ask personal injury lawyers in your area for an estimate, based on similar cases they’ve handled. Of course, how much you can actually collect is another matter, which may depend on factors such as the liable parties’ insurance, your assets, and your own insurance.
3. How Long Will It Take To Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Very few personal injury cases go to trial. Most end in a settlement with the defendant or an insurance company. The time it takes to reach a settlement is difficult to predict and can vary greatly. As a general rule, a claim involving substantial injuries and a significant amount of money will take longer to resolve because the insurer will fight longer. If the case is complex or liability is unclear, it may also take longer to settle.
Hiring an attorney can sometimes motivate an insurer to make a fair offer early in the process, as they know it’s less likely they can take advantage of you.
- Check out more FAQs here.
At the Law Offices of George Salinas, our personal injury accident lawyers will help you get all the compensation benefits that you’re entitled to. Call (210) 225-0909 today.