Personal injury involves any type of injury sustained in an accident. These types of injuries can be caused by car accidents, slips and falls, defective products, dog bites, or wrongful death claims. Personal injury law (also known as “tort” law) allows an injured person to get compensation when the wrongful conduct of another (whether negligent or intentional) causes him or her harm.
There are a variety of situations that can result in a valid personal injury claim. If you or a loved one was harmed in a personal injury accident, we’re here to help. Contact us at (210) 966-8256 to schedule a free consultation today.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents We Handle
In addition, we work on cases such as injuries from defective products, assault and battery and bad faith insurance claims.
Why Is It Necessary to Hire a Personal Injury Accident Lawyer?
A personal injury accident in San Antonio can change your life. Hiring an expert attorney to represent you could make the difference between getting the compensation you’re entitled to or not.
What Compensation Can Your Lawyers Get for You?
- Intentional tort.
- Strict liability.
- Any person, or action, that deliberately causes you harm.
- Any person, or action, that deliberately causes harm to another by negligence, carelessness or oversight of a necessary action;
- Any person or entity that caused harm, even if not responsible or negligent.
Personal Injury Statistics for San Antonio
Personal injury accidents happen every day in San Antonio. The following is a list of personal injury statistics showing how often they occur:
- Personal injury accidents result in more than 31 million emergency room visits every year.
- More than 90,000 people die in the United States as a result of unintentional accidents.
- Slips and falls are the leading cause of personal injury-related deaths among Americans age 70 and older.
- Every year, more than 600,000 people are treated in emergency rooms as a result of personal injuries sustained while bicycling. In addition, more than 750 bicyclists die each year from such personal injuries.
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite, which is covered by personal injury law.
- More than two million people called poison control centers for accidental poisonings resulting in personal injury.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of personal injury-related deaths in the United States for people age 34 and younger.
- More than 3.5 million people are injured in motor vehicle crashes in the United States every year. Another 42,000 die as a result of these accidents.
Personal Injury FAQs
You don’t have to make this decision on your own. Get in touch with a personal injury lawyer and schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation in detail.
An attorney will be able to give advice about who you can sue and what compensation you can expect to get, depending on the facts of the accident and the laws of your state. In most situations, you’ll have a case if someone acted carelessly under the circumstances and caused your injuries. However, meeting this standard is more complicated than it sounds, so it’s important to consult an attorney.
This will depend on the specific nature of your injuries and can’t be determined until your case has been thoroughly investigated. You can ask personal injury lawyers in your area for an estimate, based on similar cases they’ve handled. Of course, how much you can actually collect is another matter, which may depend on factors such as the liable parties’ insurance, your assets, and your own insurance.
- Check out more FAQs here.