Were you injured in an accident in New Braunfels, TX that was someone else’s fault? Are you struggling with medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering? If so, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the party or parties responsible for your injuries. We want to help.
If you were hurt, a New Braunfels personal injury lawyer from George Salinas Injury Lawyers can discuss potential paths to recovery during a free initial consultation. Contact us today at (210) 225-0909 to get started.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help After Sustaining an Injury in New Braunfels, TX
The New Braunfels personal injury attorneys at George Salinas Injury Lawyers help accident victims seek compensation for the damages they suffer. We put more than 110 years of combined experience to work to fight for the best outcome for our clients.
This approach has allowed us to achieve incredible results. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients and secured some of the highest personal injury verdicts and settlements in Texas and the United States for multiple years in a row.
If you hire our lawyers to represent you in a personal injury case in New Braunfels, Texas, you can expect us to:
- Answer all of your questions during your free, no-obligation consultation before you decide to move forward
- Investigate the cause of the accident and identify all parties who are financially responsible for your damages
- Manage claim paperwork and case deadlines
- Work closely with you so that we can understand your needs and the full extent of your injuries
- Compile evidence to establish liability and your damages
- Negotiate for maximum compensation
- Take your case to court, if necessary
You deserve to be able to focus on your recovery. Let our personal injury lawyers in New Braunfels, TX handle your claim. Get started by calling us today for a free consultation.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover in My New Braunfels Personal Injury Claim?
Every personal injury case is different, so if you’re looking for an “average” settlement, there is no such thing.
Instead, insurance companies and juries evaluate a number of factors to arrive at a fair amount of compensation for a claim, including:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- How your injuries impact your earning capacity and daily life
- The insurance coverage available
- Whether you shared any fault for the accident
- The number and identity of the defendants
Also, the quality of the personal injury lawyer you hire can make a big difference. If the insurance company doesn’t believe your lawyer is willing to go to trial, they may try to lowball any settlement offer. This isn’t the case with George Salinas Injury Lawyers.
We have secured some of the highest verdicts according to Top Verdict and Verdict Search, including:
- 2019 Top 100 Texas Jury Verdict
- 2020 Top 10 Texas Jury Verdict
- 2020 Top 100 US Jury Verdict
- 2020 Texas Lawyers’ Southwest Top Verdicts & Settlements Award
Insurance companies know that we are not afraid to go to trial to achieve the best results for our clients, which often motivates them to settle the case for a fair amount.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in New Braunfels, Texas?
The damages you may be able to recover in a personal injury case include:
Examples of economic damages in Texas personal injury cases include:
- Hospital bills
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance charges
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including transportation to and from medical appointments
- Lost income
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
Economic damages include current costs as well as those you reasonably anticipate incurring in the future.
Non-economic damages compensate the victim for other losses they experience that are not tied directly to an economic loss.
Texas law recognizes the following types of non-economic damages:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental or emotional pain or anguish
- Physical impairment
- Injury to reputation
- Loss of companionship and society
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- All other non-pecuniary losses
Like with economic damages, you can be awarded current and future non-economic damages.
Exemplary damages – or punitive damages – are awarded as a penalty or to punish the wrongdoer rather than compensate the victim. Exemplary damages are not awarded in all cases. Instead, they are reserved for cases involving particularly egregious behavior.
The Types of Cases Our New Braunfels Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
George Salinas Injury Lawyers focuses exclusively on personal injury law. We take cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Lyft accidents
- Uber accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Train accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Slips and falls
- Birth injuries
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse
- Oil rig accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Wrongful death
When working with a personal injury lawyer, it is important to hire one who is knowledgeable and experienced in your type of case. Representing a client in a medical malpractice case is much different than representing one in a car accident case. Our dedicated legal team can determine the best way to help you during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Common Types of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries include the type of physical harm you suffer because of an accident, such as:
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Severe lacerations or punctured skin
- Road rash
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
Personal injury can also include psychological injuries such as PTSD.
How Can I Prove Fault in a Texas Personal Injury Case?
Two of the most common legal theories in Texas personal injury cases are negligence and strict liability.
Most personal injury cases are based on the legal concept of negligence, which occurs when someone fails to act as a reasonable person and causes harm to another.
There are four legal elements that you must prove to establish negligence:
- Breach of duty
An experienced New Braunfels personal injury attorney can gather evidence to help you prove your claim.
Strict liability does not require you to show that the defendant was negligent. In limited circumstances, if you can show that the defendant did something that caused harm, they can be held strictly liable without you having to present evidence of their negligence.
The more common types of personal injury claims that may involve strict liability in Texas include:
- Abnormally dangerous activity – Defendants can be held strictly liable when they engage in an activity that creates a high degree of risk of serious injury, such as using explosives or chemical materials.
- Defective products – Manufacturers, designers, and others involved in producing and selling defective products can be held strictly liable for the harm their products cause.
- Dog bites – If a dog’s owner knew that their dog had bitten someone before, they can be held strictly liable for any future bites.
There are other times when strict liability applies. Talk to a skilled personal injury lawyer in New Braunfels to learn more.
What If I Can’t Afford a Personal Injury Attorney in New Braunfels, TX?
You can! At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, we take all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you can hire a lawyer now to represent you, and you don’t have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we successfully recover compensation for you.
At that point, we receive our agreed-upon percentage. If we are unable to secure compensation on your behalf, you will owe us nothing for attorney fees.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
Each state has a statute of limitations that establishes a time limit to file a lawsuit after being injured by another party. The statute of limitations in Texas is generally two years from the accident date. This means that in most cases, you have just two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
If this timeline passes and you have not filed a lawsuit, the court can dismiss any future case you file, and you can miss your opportunity to recover compensation.
There are situations when there may be more or less time. By talking to a skilled personal injury lawyer, you can learn the deadline that applies to your case and take legal action before it is too late.
Contact Our Dedicated New Braunfels Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you would like to learn more about your legal rights and options following a personal injury accident in New Braunfels, TX, we can help. We bring more than a century of combined experience to the table to assist you with all aspects of your case.
Call the New Braunfels personal injury lawyers from George Salinas Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We are ready to help with every aspect of your case.